Anir's News Service

Random News and trivia about me. Just as a random shoutbox. I/O- Impressions/Opinion (On relevant/irrelevant issues) UP-Update -General life update. LC-Life chronicle. Probably random trivia about my life from the past. I do hope I'm not lazy in updating it.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

[LC]Love! Part 2

[LC]Before you read this, I recommend reading the previous post.

Part 2, here goes.

Well, after I asked her, she... well.. she... arr forget it, I'll get to the point. She said NO. Naturally, I got all emo and all. But hey, thinking back on it. I'm glad she said no. She doesent Deserve me.
I was feeling pretty low though, so I decided to put my feelings into a story. So here it is. It may not me Shakespheare, but hey, it made me feel better. And of course, I changed her name.Har!

______________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________

The butterflies in my stomach feel like vultures, my hand is sweaty over a folded piece of paper. Outwardly, I'm all smiles, being the optimistic, happy me.But it is in these times that the loftiest nobleman becomes a hypocrite

I climbed up to her house, and my heart fell like a rock when I saw her mother coming with her.

"Hey Dude!"
"Hi" Shit, my nervousness must be showing
"
Good Evening Aunty
" Musnt forget manners
"Hello there Anir"
"Why dont you and Sheetal carry on? I'll come with Deepak" YES!
"No Aunty, its OK, I'll be glad to have you with us" LIAR
"
No, you youngsters should go togather, go on, I'll catch up with you on the beach" YAY!
"C'mon Anir, lets go" God, love her voice

She seems to be in a good mood, will that improve my chances? or will she be too surprised ans say no?

She talks of irrelevant matters, but I respond willingly, passionately, as always.

My legs want me to run away, but overcoming that feeling, I thrust the paper in her hand. Acting polite and cool. But my BP is already in the danger levels.

She says nothing, and my words become a tiny bit louder in my anxiety.

"I always get speechless when guys propose to me"
"Well, that's better than slapping me"
"Dont be silly"

Whatever happened to my usually calm, rational mind? all I see is tatters.

My rational mind(which I'm proud of) says" Theres no way she'll say no. You are an outstanding student, you've been all over the state, giving lectures on obscure subjects. you have been appreciated by people of renown, you have been honoured beyond anyone in your college, how can anyone in their right mind possibly reject you?"

My irrational mind says "Girls dont care about that! Look at her face! She hates your pot belly, your round, bald, chubby head, you STINK!, why did you even consider this?"

"
Well Anir..."
The moment of truth.
"You know... I like and respect you a lot" Going "I've gotten proposals from many great guys" Going " But I'm not ready for a relationship yet" Gone

Nothing clicks in my mind, but then , a thousand thoughts click at the same time.

From" What? I'm not good enough for you?" " You think this is a game?" to " Its ok, I expected that" Many more unpleasant thoughts race across my 140 IQ Brain.

"But we can still be friends you know..."
Dont women understand that it doesent work that way?
"Its alright man, dont worry about it"
"I'm sorry, I really am"
"Hey, Chill out, Its OK, it really is" NOT

Bolting up my feelings, I climb on my trusty cruiser, & ride to where I know my best friend will be. He knows all about it of course.His long hair, freckled face, and ever-present look of cheerful concern is there .

"So, how did it go?"

You'll be surprised at how the most mundane wods of a best friend squeeze your tears out. Sobbing my heart out, I said in a strangled voice..

"Is there something wrong with me?"
"Ahh, dont worry da, she's nuts to refuse you"
"Havent I been a decent fellow throughout my life?"
"You'll get someone better"
"Whats the point of being a gentleman, and Mr Nice guy, if no one values it?"
"She was too dumb for you anyway"
All I do is nod glumly. After pouring my heart to him, I feel a lot better.

He wisely avoids my questions.I know He's right, but it brings little comfort. I'm at a loss for words to appreciate what he's meant to me. He chose to support me, as a true friend would. In all these years of friendship, I've thpught to myself as the leader,and him as a sidekick.But now I realised, standing on the beach, with tears flowing out, that we are a team. Maybe he feels the same too.

__________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________

Well, thats it. This really happened to me, and I've removed quite a bit of dialogue, she goes on to say why she said no, apparently she's afraid and insecure about realtionships. so its not about me after all! Hope you people enjoyed that. please comment,. as this is my first story.Until Next time.... Like my best friend would say, "Chao"






8 Comments:

  • At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEY THAT WAS EXCELLENT STORY AT THE SAME TIME A GLOOMY STORY. WELLDONE ANIR, YOU HAVE A GOOD WRITER IN YOU. BRING HIM OUT AND EXPOSE YOUR TALENT.
    AND AT THE SAME TIME DONT WORRY ABOUT THE LOVE FAILURE.IT ALL HAPPENS. JUS FORGET IT AND CONCENTRATE ON OTHER THINGS.

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Anir said…

    lol thanks da. I've already overcome it, and I'm searching for another girl now :)

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    superb story. nice way of expressing it. damn good. pretty hilarious though. no offence. sorry abt ur love failure. but nyways good luck.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Anir said…

    Hey Thanks Sid! hilarious my ass... this is a serious matter! hehe just kiddin, thanks man

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    as expected from the anir i know.... although its a sad story the narration
    is brilliant ......his thts are very well presented.....hmmm well in other words IT RRRRROOOOOOOOCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS
    :D

     
  • At 3:50 AM, Blogger Anir said…

    lol, as expected from my best friend, the words are short, but the message is conveyed! hehe thanks man

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Anir said…

    lol. The more the steps you take, closer to the destination you are ;)

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home