Anir's News Service

Random News and trivia about me. Just as a random shoutbox. I/O- Impressions/Opinion (On relevant/irrelevant issues) UP-Update -General life update. LC-Life chronicle. Probably random trivia about my life from the past. I do hope I'm not lazy in updating it.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

[UP] The Mysore Story, Day 2, 3 & 4

I recommend reading the posts in order of writing, i e Day 1, then 2, then 3 and so on till 7



Day 2
:The next morning, we were off pretty early, and the Mysore Highway was a thing of beauty.Except a few streches, that were pretty hard on the bottom, it was a wonderful journey.We went non-stop all the way, and arrived at my Grandfather's house in Mysore, after around two-an-a-half-hours on the road. The look on his face made the 9 hour journey worth it. He didnt recover even after we hugged and greeted him... and his first words were"Beyond all belief", with me and my father roaring with laughter. We proceeded to visit my pretty sizeable list of relatives in Mysore(All of whom were pretty surprised at the size of my trip), which finished only by evening. I dropped my Father off at the station that night, and saw him off.Spent the(first and only) night in my grandfather's place. 3 days of fun coming up!.


Day3: I got up around 7:30, and had dinner at the SRKVS. Its an amazing recidential school where my tatha served(and is still serving) for over 50 years. And thats no typo.I had breakfast(Idly) there and proceeded to Sowmya's place. She is my cousin, my father's sisters daughter. We soon met up with Ashwin(Another cousin, this one is a genius), and had lunch in a hotel called Rasooi Magic. Pretty ok fare. We then left for Araditha's(Fondly called D2, shes really cute, but her top floor is pretty much empty) home. We argued and counter argued for over an hour about what we'd do, and We ended up going to a theater called Sterling, and saw the Da Vinci Code(Muahahaha, since DVC is banned in Chennai). The most expensive ticket was like 35 bucks.... man I really should settle in Mysore.After the movie finished, we went to Pizza Hut, and ordered a "Treat for 4", 2 Pizzas, 4 soups, A pasta and garlic bread. The Pizzas and Garlic bread was awesome. The Soup was like soap water, and the pasta was worse than poison. At least poison doesent prolong the agony...
We watched a coupla movies(Thats all that we did majorly in the 3 days), Forrest Gump(Brilliant) and 36 China Town(Corny). Slept late, as was expected.

Day 4: Me and Ashwin decided to go to a gaming parlour, as both Sowmya and D2 were engaged for the day. We met Ashu's friends, and went to pelican. Very average computers, nothing like the monster machines we have in Chennai. I proceeded to thump them 4 on 1, and ended with a score of 35 (Me) -3(Them) , talk about Ownage! After that, we parted, as Ashu had some college work. I went to D2's place and we fooled around the whole day. Sowmya and Ashu were supposed to come, but somehow if didnt work out, and I slep in D2's place alone. man, I love her bath-tub, I hadnt been in one for years... I was floating aroundin the bath tub for almost an hour.
Dinner and Sleep. Good Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home