Anir's News Service

Random News and trivia about me. Just as a random shoutbox. I/O- Impressions/Opinion (On relevant/irrelevant issues) UP-Update -General life update. LC-Life chronicle. Probably random trivia about my life from the past. I do hope I'm not lazy in updating it.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

[UP] The Mysore Story, Day 5

I recommend reading the posts in order of writing, i e Day 1, then 2, then 3 and so on till 7

Day 5: We had planned to climb the famous Chamundi Hill, But I slep assuming that it wouldnt work out. Imagine my surprise when it did work out. At around 7, both Ashu and Somy were present, and we set off. its lovely riding in the early morning, with the cool breeze running thru your scalp. Only when we reached Chamundi did the enormity of the climb struck me.... The hill was more like a mountain! Sending up a prayer, I started off. After briskly covering the first 100 steps, I was completely blown out.
"Dai Ashu, how much longer man? I'm pretty tired"
"well, we've covered 100 steps, just around 950 more to go"
"!!!!"
I almost fainted on hearing this, but my resolve to conquer the hill only increased.I then proceeded to make a complete fool of myself, resting after every 20 steps(Stop sniggering), with Ashu, Somy and D2 taunting me, when they werent laughing their asses off.I made the grave mistake of giving D2 my camera, and she took two snaps of me huffing and puffing my way up. Unfortunately, they developed very well, and are crystal clear in their insult to me.No outing would be complete without my customary imitation of Gabbar Singh, wich I performed with great gusto! On popular demand, that is, D2's, I imitated Kaho na Pyar hai, to widespread laughter of Ashu and Somy, and sulking of D2, who worships Hrithik.

After upteen breaks,I made it to the summit. In fact, I was the first one on top! Actually, I raced up the last few steps while the gang was courteously waiting for me. Oh well, All's fair in love and war.Me and D2 went in the temple, as Ashu and Somy hadnt had a bath. After our darshan, which took 30 min, we did a pradakshina of the temple, and took a few snaps.We then had a drink of flavoured milk, Thank god for Nandhini.

The climb down was a lot more enjoyable, as Gravity was our ally, and not our opponent. Me and Ashu decended slowly, talking about girls, as all guys do. I ran down the last few steps, thus claiming, amid much amusement, that I was the first to climb up and the first to decend!

Our stomachs growled for nourishment, and we went to this hotel called Nulpak. Pretty good food, which was marred by D2 cribbing anxiously about her results, which were due in a few days. We fooled around the rest of the day, and in the evening, went to Rathna atte's(My father's sister) place. We were joined my Nandhini, my second cousin(Kinda complicated, she's my father's sister's husbands' sister's daughter) and Vidya, another Second cousin. On popular demand(That is, D2's) we were forced to see Gangster, a movie in which Imraan Hashmi does the only thing he knows, that is, kiss the cute actresses. Man he seriously needs to improve. All he needs to do is to ask me tips. Here's my two word review of "Gangster"- KWAK THOO.

Me and Ashu were pretty disgusted, and we left the girls and went for a drive. We stopped under a moonlit sky and just chatted about life. That was a lovely experience. We returned after an hour of deep conversation, and rocked out on Worldspace Radio. Pretty awesome stuff. Soon joined my Somy, who had the sense to get disgusted by crappy movies. We slept off later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home